Our house hunt continued on Monday night, as we looked at a few more houses in Bel Air. Nothing was a home run; that's okay, because we have a LOT of work to do before we can even think of putting our house on the market.
Paula panicked a bit afterward thinking about all that, after having faced the hard-sell of the mortgage broker who did a pre-approval for us (which we had asked for just to make sure we could get a mortgage if we needed one). She felt like the press was on her. I was irritable to begin with on Monday, and her vibes made me even more so. And it didn't help that we only saw one house that remotely fit into our criteria.
So, now we're just sort of waiting for the right listing to come to the surface. We've set the end of the school year again as our target move date, subject to change if the right house suddenly pops up and we have to scramble to get it. Of course, the big question is where interest rates will be by then, and what the state of the housing market will be.